Want to see something published here? Send an email to torontobladers 'at' gmx 'dot' ca
Difference between revisions of "Notice of events"
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(Creating Notice of events)
m (Protected "Notice of events" ([Edit=Allow only administrators] (indefinite) [Move=Allow only administrators] (indefinite)))
Revision as of 23:35, 23 October 2020
Season officially opens on the 3rd week of March and ends on the last week of November but there are always events all year.
Frequency of events
- Default number of events per week is 1, on Tuesday nights
- Summer events range from 1 to 3, meaning 1 long trail and 1 or 2 fixed locations for skill practice.
- Some events are often planned among the skaters of a previous event.
- Planned events that are posted may change or be replaced due to regular skaters group agreements.
Type of events
- Trail events are for intermediate and above levels and no less than 80 mm wheels.
- Marathons are exclusively for 100 mm wheels and above. Anyone on 90 mm must contact the organizer prior to RSVP.
- Event length increases adding more Km’s the we progress throughout the year.
- Fixed event locations for practice, are for everyone, starting by beginners.
- Access your skill level here
- Unless exceptions, events open automatically 1 week prior to the date and are then announced.
- Any event can change date, location and type prior to announcement.
- Any event changes after announcement will have a second announcement by email.
- If it rains, no event will be done on wet surfaces and the event will change the date.
- There are events that will specifically be done online and everyone should attend.
- Typically there are no repeated locations for an event, unless the location is exceptional.
- Someone to host beginner events
- Someone to host, lead and organize female events
- Anyone is welcome to suggest an event. We like and want ideas
- Subscribe to a feed of the bladers calendar: