Want to see something published here? Send an email to inlineskating 'at' gmx 'dot' com
All trail events for distance, endurance, marathon which require more skilled skaters will be moving to Kommunity. On meetup I may still organize minor events for everyone, mostly for fixed locations such as race tracks, parks, slalom and similar.
Do not join without talking to an organizer
As a platform, in 2021 Kommunity brought several advantages in comparison to meetup.
- It is free!
- Platform developers that actually listen the users and work together with the users to provide a better experience
- Mobile app without trackers (at the moment of this writing)
- Privacy oriented mobile app.
- Private profiles
- Private events
- Electronic waivers upon registration
- Event text formatting and embedded links
- Member follower options
- Event participant approval list
- Integration with at least 7 social media platforms
- Free choice of independent chat platforms
- Unlimited RSVPs and always free
- Wait listing option
- Upload videos, slides and photos
- Create talks and tutorials about the activity
- Better disclaimers and waiver system upon joining group
- Custom questioners
- Member invitation options (email, link, etc)
- Zoom integration
- Tag options
- Chat history of the group chat platform, is private and under the control of the same group and is removable at any time when we use a third party app.
Kommunity will be to organize intermediate and advanced levels events for invited skaters that do inline skating who have demonstrated such levels of skill and commitment to the sport and have adequate equipment that matches the group. The platform is not perfect but will be used until we move more adequate and more suitable alternative unless, Kommunity improves it's features.
The new platform will run with an existing private chat app which will be filled by invitation only for members of the skating group. We use signal-app only and for intermediate and advanced inline skaters who are invited upon skating with us.
In the past a lot of effort was put into being all inclusive with females for the inline skating events on meetup. However the outcome was not what was expected and therefore, events on Kommunity will be invite only and having in mind the following:
- Over 80% of the RSVP's no shows on meetup were from females who don't even change their RSVP to let us know that they can't make it.
- Around 90% of the RSVP's that were initially set to go but then "did not go to the event" have been from females.
- 50% of female participation in the past was more interested in meeting men and hook up rather than actually skating. (The group is for skating, not dating. No means NO). This is not a dating group, hookup group and or a boot call group.
- Most female skaters that have shown up for events, are actually beginners by any standard even without including ICP. This group is not for beginners of any gender.
- Due to distance, length and characteristics, events on Kommunity not only require more skilled skaters but also more physical endurance and stamina as they are more physically demanding of the skater.
- There are female exclusive groups and events out there for females and there is also the rollerbabes which is supported by Toronto Bladers. In the name of equality, there should not be a problem with this group and who is in it.
- Group and account maintenance (where is my membership) ?
- Reasons to move away from meetup Toronto rollerblade inline skater group